zalman cpu fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
If I buy a zalman fan for my cpu and don't overclock it my cpu will move faster cause its colder right? I am thinking about getting the high performance thermal paste from zalman too. My amd athon 64 x2 4200+ socket am2 should be at about 20-30ºC after the zalman thermal paste and the zalman cooling fan right?

if a CPU is cool dosnt meen it will run faster, it all depends on he bus speed and clock frequency not how cold it is

i have the CPNS9500, its a very good cooler, made my athlon 3800+ about 7 degrees cooler :)

oh, jsut to say, when you apply the thermal paste just put a pea sized amount on the centre of the CPU then just mount the cooler on top of that, you will notic a slight drop in temperature but after 100-200 hours the thermal paste will have cured meaning that heat can transfer much more quickly from the CPU to the cooler, resulting in a much lower CPU temperature

When I replace a fan I never ever take off the thermal paste and apply new paste. My computers are fine just the way they are. I don't know if I will take the paste off or not but probably not. I know not to apply a lot of paste or you could have a heating issue and fry your chip or the other side of the chip will get paste on it after the fan makes it all move around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom