your thoughts on this processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott81425

Solid State Member
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103633

i decided to build my own system. i want it to be a mid-high range gaming machine suitable for home office as well. i like that processor. its got a deal going with some motherboards, and i think i will pick one of them up to. motherboards are where i get confused in the equation. what is a good chipset? if that isn't a good motherboard offered in the deal, what is? i plan on putting in a 300 gb hard drive, and 2 gb ram to go along with this. please advise.

That is a good processor, with lots of good power.

Don't go for a video "chipset". That won't let you do anything, except look at Firefox.

Go for a video card to get the most out of your system. A video card can be pricy, but well worth the money.

Get a motherboard that will suit the memory that you're buying. Make sure it's a good brand as well. Onboard video doesn't matter, since you should buy a video card instead.

BTW, get the second motherboard shown.

The first one has onboard video and 4 USB ports, while the second one doesn't have onboard video, but has 6 USB ports. They're basically the same mobo as well.

what is a good brand of motherboard? can you recommend a socket AM2 for me? is biostar worth anything? in my current setup, i have a pcchips and i have heard nothing but bad about them. my only real requirement is i want it to support at least 4gb of system memory, preferrably in 4 slots, and have at least one pci-e x16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom