Your opinion on upgrade options

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyGodAL3X

In Runtime
Hey guys,

So I am thinking of upgrading my main rig. My 6850 is starting to not play all the games at full and when I hooked up my second monitor (dell 19") it was even less.

So my question is what would you guys recommend for an upgrade, my budget is around 600 CAD.

I looked around and if I wanted to get a ridiculous video card it would cost about that. So I was maybe thinking of buying another 6850 and crossfire-ing them, plus an SSD and a monitor. Let me know what you think. Would also be open to include some water-cooling solutions for overclocking my CPU.

Sig is outdated so here is my current setup:

Mobo: MSI p67a-g45
CPU: i5-2500k
HDD: 1TB WD
RAM: 8GB Patriot @1600MHz
GPU: Powercolor (I know not the best, got it when money was much tighter) Radeon 6850 HD
PSU: Corsair TX-650

Yeah I already have a cpu cooler, does the job well but thought I could go water cooling for even better

What would you think of the Sapphire 7870?
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_558&item_id=047464

It is close to me (no delivery can go in person) and the same store has the SSD on sale for 150$

Been wanting to upgrade for a while and do windows and linux on my main system. (any experience with SSDs and linux?)

If you have the venomous then you can get some extra mhz out of an H80 or H100.
I'd say go for SSD and GPU myself. I run my 580 on a stock CPU and max BF3 with AA at 2048x1152.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom