Yet ANOTHER problem with the computer I just built...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VarLordahl

Baseband Member
Ok, so to recap I just built my first computer that i've had quite a few problems with (software related).

I reformatted my 16MB Cache 250GB WD Caviar SATA 300 harddrive again and resintalled Windows fresh. EVERYTHING works so far, except for one major problem-

Whenever I download any files from the internet (liek program setup files) and run them (itunes setup, fulltiltpoker setup) I get an error message that either the file is corrupt or the location from whcih they are installing is corrupt.

This doesn't happen with CD-based installs, nor does this happen with setup files transferred direcly to my harddrive either from another drive or from CD.

What's the deal? I'm really starting to get frustrated...

what kind of motherboard do you have.. does it have the nvidia firewall.. if so.. don't install it, it corrupts pretty much anything over like 3 mbs.... i had the same problem

NosBoost300 said:
what kind of motherboard do you have.. does it have the nvidia firewall.. if so.. don't install it, it corrupts pretty much anything over like 3 mbs.... i had the same problem

I do. I'll uninstall it immediately. Thank you!

NosBoost300 said:

Problem fixed!!!

Just so everyone knows, uninstalling hte firewall won't do it.

You have to uninstall the entire Nvidia Network Utilities Suite. The whole thing. Get it out of there.

And, now that I've done this, my download speeds have gone from about 400kbs 10 minutes ago to about 700kbs now.

Freakin Sweet.

I owe you some beers. Let me know if you're ever in Chicago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom