XP or Vista Basic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks....well I think I'll just download OpenOffice for her. That Wordprocessor will work just fine for her.

Can you explain what "lock the bios" means? I'm still a newbie. Thanks.

If you mean configure so that you can't add new specs, I highly doubt that....right?

i ran my vista premium on 512mb just to see how fast it was and it is VERY slow

i think he means they lock the bios so you cant overclock etc

the bios is what you use to change your systems settings like the time and date but you can do that on the control panel

My aunt is not tech savvy at all. I'm keeping it real simple. No overclocking or anything remotely complicated. Just a basic system that will work reasonably fast. For less than $400, it's hard to wrong on this one, I think.....

well overclocking doesn't make the system unstable now a days it just increases performance as every chip is different and can reach different speeds they just factory set them all the same to make it a standard ghz rather then having lots of small categories

So, go for Windows XP only.[/QUOTE]

X2. That dell system will be more than enough for your aunt. Definitely no overclocking or 2gb of ram needed for her needs. Vista is just pretty. XP will be around for a while.
As far as building one....well, I wouldn't waste my time building it unless you were going to get some $$ to do it.
Good luck

So, go for Windows XP only.

X2. That dell system will be more than enough for your aunt. Definitely no overclocking or 2gb of ram needed for her needs. Vista is just pretty. XP will be around for a while.
As far as building one....well, I wouldn't waste my time building it unless I were going to get some $$ to do it.
Good luck[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom