x1600pro question

Status
Not open for further replies.

melonabusar2

Baseband Member
Saw this today..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102666&ATT=14-102-666&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r
$50 cheaper than when I last remember seeing it. I'm thinking of picking it up and buying oblivion again, but first of all I desperately need to know if a 250 watt power supply is sufficient enough for this card. Normally newegg states under the graphics card's information, but it doesn't which leads me to believe pretty much any power supply that can get off the ground can run it ? I'm currently using a 5200fx, agp of course. Help please :D

Depends on what kind of power supply you have. It it's some cheap old dell one then no. But if its a quality psu you may be able to run it. Yet the performance would be lacking and you wouldn't get the full potential of the card which isnt a lot :p

To avoid future issues I would recommend going higher than 380 watts, if SLI or crossfire comes into play at a later date then 380 will not be enough.

Try something like a 500 or even a 600 to be safe

I'll just fork out $30 for a 400 watt psu... I don't need anything great, I just want this card to hold me over until I can get a job and buy a whole new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom