Wrong card or misinterpretation? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Wrong card or misinterpretation?

Hey man, I just built a computer and ran into that exact same problem. After reading all the posts here and ****ing around with it looking for drivers for a hour i figured it out. Its the 4pin power connector. Its under the casing on the side vent looking things. So pick up your vid card and look at the side opposite the output plate. You will see the 4 pin inside that vent looking thing and that connects to your psu ofcourse. When i realzied this i was ****ed. I never had a vid card that had to connect to psu and i couldnt figure out why they shipped that 4 pin power with card because At first look I couldnt find where it went so i figured was for like certain vid cards. Anyway that should resolve your issue because it does look like your having all the same problems as i did and to the exact detail. If you have any more questions you can email me. Goodluck man.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPl4y3r View Post
Hey man, I just built a computer and ran into that exact same problem. After reading all the posts here and ****ing around with it looking for drivers for a hour i figured it out. Its the 4pin power connector. Its under the casing on the side vent looking things. So pick up your vid card and look at the side opposite the output plate. You will see the 4 pin inside that vent looking thing and that connects to your psu ofcourse. When i realzied this i was ****ed. I never had a vid card that had to connect to psu and i couldnt figure out why they shipped that 4 pin power with card because At first look I couldnt find where it went so i figured was for like certain vid cards. Anyway that should resolve your issue because it does look like your having all the same problems as i did and to the exact detail. If you have any more questions you can email me. Goodluck man.
I hope you are just confused, and didn't actually use the 4-pin 12V connector in place of the 6-[in PCI-E connector.

ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 : AMD FX 9370 : Corsair H100i GTX Cooler : 16GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600 (4x4Gb) : XFX 7970 Ghz 3GB x 2 : PNY XLR8 256GB SSD : Seagate 1TB : Antec True Power Quattro 1000W : Thermaltake G41
Old 05-23-2010, 03:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Yeah, make sure you installed your drivers for the card as well. If you didn't it is only going to pick up mobo graphics.

Mobo: ASUS P6T
PSU: 750W PC Power & Cooling
Closed Thread