Which would you choose for a vid card

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I was helping a friend upgrade to play CoD Ghosts and we had a disagreement on which one would be better, I'm pretty sure I know but keeping my opinion quiet and want you unbiased opinion, We looked at the GTX 760 4 Gig card vrs the GTX 770 2 Gig card, Both similarly priced so which would you choose and why. I'll be shopping after New Years so I'll see what's out then, Ill be looking at the cards in the $350 ball park but for now my 470 is still holding its own.

Dauntae

A 660 would play Ghosts fine, honestly. As to which card is better, the 770 is the clear performance winner. You don't need a midrange 4GB card unless you plan to play a real modded Skyrim.

That was my though, He wants something that will last him a little while but he's on a bit of a budget before his wife inserts his PC someplace it just shouldn't go, He ended up getting the 770 on my recommendation but wanted to ask for my own knowledge, Can't wait to see what's coming next, Hoping to get something to last a bit for myself but unfortunate around $350 will be my budget, Still running my Q9550 but it's still handling everything pretty well, Might upgrade to a I7 some time next year and keep this one as a second and use my current other system as a multimedia system.

Dauntae

Well I7 or I5, all depends what it the best for the money at the time , Nothing against ATI but do favor Nvidia a bit but have had some good ATI cards in the past, It will be about 3 months or so before I'm shopping for a card so I'll see what is out and what is better for the price by then, Seems 3 months a lot can happen in the video card world lol

Dauntae

Last edited:
GPUs come out usually every 6 months. AMD just released their new cards and refresh, and rumor is Nvidia will release their 800 series Q1, which is earlier than usual. We'll just have to see.

I too favor Nvidia but the 280x at 300 bucks is such a good deal.

Yea it is a good deal, I've been pretty lucky, The last card I paid full price for was my GTX285 from EVGA and when it died they gave me a GTX470 and it's still going, No more life time warrantees offered though lol but my 470 is still covered so I'll keep it going, I'm in no real rush to buy so I may just wait for the 800 series to come out, Every time I think about this forum you come to mind, Your always so helpful, Just wanted to say thank you.

Dauntae

No prob.

Yea, 470 is still rather decent if you don't game all the time. I'm still running just a 580. A month ago I wanted to upgrade so bad but now I just don't have the time.

Didn't do a lot of gaming over the summer but now I'm single and saving for a house so a lot more time home, I picked up fallout 3 with all the expansions for $20 and will get New Vegas for the same price after I'm finished and a group of friends all have COD so I got it, 470 plays it ok res but would be nice to get all the extra with a higher frame rate soo now I'm looking at the upgrades. Gaming is a great way to NOT going out spending all the money on women..... Although women ARE more fun lol but games are much cheaper.....

You don't really even need that much to run ghosts the 7870 runs everything max with no problem so I bet the 770 would run everything max in bf4 :p

Back
Top Bottom