would it be worth the investment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beyond

Baseband Member
right now i have an x800xt PE (AGP) on a 4x max agp board with 1gb of ram (at best 2100, i don't know what the other stick is though so it could be worse) and a 2200+ @ 1.8ghz. as you can see, many components of the system are very old. (note: sound card = audigy2 zs)

my question is would the following setup be worth my money to be able to play games such as bf2 and fear at high settings?

(i made this post on another forum earlier in the year... i'm sure for the price now i could get a little better)

http://computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=19617

i guess my issue is whether or not a system in the middle so to speak of technology today is going to satisfy me. my biggest concern is to be able to play aoe3 at high-highest settings without any problems, because now when i have the smallest of battles it frames TERRIBLY bad. games such as bf2 and fear are also a question, although i know they are a lot more intense so it might not even be worth asking..

thanks for the input!

An upgrade is due. Depends on how much your willing to dish out. Let us know and we can tell you your options.

depends on how much money

you could just upgrade your mobo to AGP and a new cpu and another 1GB of ram will help you play on high or you could upgrade to pcie16 although PC2100 ram is slow, you might need to upgrade your ram also

budget around 500 bucks.

was thinking of new mobo, ram, and cpu. probably going to need a new psu and maybe a new case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom