Would there be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueSeven

In Runtime
heyas,

im thinking about getting a new motherboard so that i can start using core 2 duo processors. now ive found a board that is within my current price range, and i was wondering if some of the guys here could help. im wondering if there would be anything id have to change about parts and such from my current board to the new one:

new one:
Newegg.com - XFX MB-N650-IUL9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i Ultra ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Old/current:
Newegg.com - Foxconn 915A01-P-8EKRS2 LGA 775 Intel 915P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

current parts:
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz
RAM: dont know exact names, but they are 240-pin so they should work, correct?
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256mb
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster
PSU:SeaSonic S12-430 ATX12V 430W Power Supply which has no trouble so far in powering everything

thanks for any help given

regards.

Yes, everything should just swap right over to that new board. The Core 2's also use the Socket 775, so they will FIT on your old motherboad, but I don't think that all of the chipsets are capable of supporting the Core 2's.

Yep....your CPU is supported, by the DS3L.

awesome, ill prolly pick that one up since it is a few bucks cheaper and looks basically the same

thank mate

also, is there much difference from a 8600 and a 8800 gts? if i have the money should i pick it up? if i dont should i start saving up because it is a good difference?

thanks

BIG difference.. the 8600gts gets blown away by the 8800gts 320mb.. definitely worht the extra cash...

ok, just to add onto this, as stated before, this is my current board:

Newegg.com - Foxconn 915A01-P-8EKRS2 LGA 775 Intel 915P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

now, i am curious, the board specs dont say anything about core 2 duo support, but it is a lga 775 socket, on top of that it has the 800/533 mhz fsb, and a few of the core 2 duo processors are 800 mhz fsb, can those core 2 duos work on this motherboard? has anyone heard anything about it?

regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom