would this set-up be any good for gaming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't really get the really expensive ram... do you plan on overclocking? i can see that ram being useful for that... but not much more. you can save like $100 just on the ram..

and as for your wireless desktop.. don't get that one, hehe. get one with at least a laser mouse with rechargable lithium ion battery. i think the mx3000 and mx5000 fit the description...

oh and don't finance. if you can't afford it all now.. buy just one 7900gtx.. then add the other one later when you do have money..

the 550watt antec is a good psu, but i'm not sure about it powering two 7900gtx's... you should check first :)

nope. i dont think i'll overclock at all. just want the best (least expensive) that will compliment the rest of the parts.

thanks

Well if you put the best stuff in a computer of course you ccan call it great. So well duh :D

that looks like what i need. thanks aliasaid.

now i'm not ready to buy yet but anybody predict when the 7900 card will be readily available ?

well dealers have them but thats for pre-built pcs, the chances of you getting one any time soon is slime. go for a Radeon X1900XT its faster and cost less, also it works on your mobo too

costs less? no i don't think so..

but it is faster... and i personally like the x1900xt a lot.

only problem is that the guy has an SLI motherboard... and if he plans to upgrade hsi video in the future he can't just stick another x1900xt.. which he woulda been abel to do if he had the 7900gt.. but most likely if you do upgrade you'd just replace the whole card... hehe.. i'm rambling again, uh oh! i'd just go for the x1900xt..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom