Which would run bf2 better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a problem similar to yours. I would skip once every... oh, 5 minutes or so. People diagnosed it as everything. Finally, I figured out myself it was my ethernet card.

If you have a spare, swap it out and see if its the problem. Cant hurt to check.

You NEED the 9600XT, the game won't run on those old nVidia's, only the new ones, like the 6600 GT (I reccomend it over the 9600XT, and I have both), Battlefield 2 also NEEDS 128 MB MINIMUM!

Also, 2 GB's of RAM worked wonders for me ;)

Yan

TipsySmile said:
And the 9600 if i recall right is a DX 7-8 card, while BF2 reguires a DX9 card.

NOT TRUE! I HAVE the 9600XT, and it runs it fine on all settings medium on my old 2.6GHz P4, 1GB RAM Dell, so the 9600XT will work, but I still say you would be better off by spending the extra cash on the nVidia eVGA 6600GT ...

it'll just play BF2 in DX8 mode i guess..

btw, why don't you just let your dad use your comp? i bet yours can run BF2 nicely..

All I know is that the game is engineered towards Nvidia cards. Specifically the geforce series (but I think thats just to get people to buy from the geforce series). Well anyway, I have an nvidia gforce fx go 5200 so it at least runs with minimal lag on my machine.

Geforce 4 cannnot run the game. 9600XT can, simple as that.

And the game requires a card with DX9 SOFTWARE SUPPORT, not HARDWARE.

yep 9600. Mine is not even xt only 9600 the 1st serie and i can run bf2 with perfect fps very fluid though forget the anti-aliasing and anisotropic stuff!! Every option to low but textures to medium...still look better than half-life 1 at least lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom