Would like some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Raidmax Sagitta case myself, and I gotta say I like it a lot. It's very well built, and looks awesome.

You should know that the included PSU might not be very good, but I think it's definitely gonna be better than the one you have already.

Edit: I just looked at the PSU included with Scorpio case, and it shows 13A at +12V. That's weak! The Raidmax PSU that came with my case has 21A at +12V.

I've been using my case's included (Raidmax) PSU and it hasn't given me any problems. I just hope that when it fails, it doesn't damage any part of my computer.

Also, I didn't understand the thing about the $70. The case you posted costs $50.

oh, lol, that i how much more cash i need till i can get the mobo AND the case:D

and i think i might go for that $70 raidmax, looks sweet, and you say the psu is better so ill go for it:D

It's better than the one in the Scorpio, yeah. It's still a "case-included PSU", which are usually low quality, but hey, if I can live with it, you can!

bit of a bump:

hey, i realized i am a bit more budget constricted then i thought, i was wondering if anyone could help me find a case to fit that mobo that comes with at least a 450W PSU that has connectors to PCI-Express x16, and everything else i need to connect it to, doesnt need to be fancy, but im looking for pretty cheap like $25 maybe a bit more, but nothing more then $40...

thnx for help,
mike

ps: a fan would also be nice, but i might be able to just take the fans out of my current case so not required, but definitely prefered

That's gonna be a hard one. Cases with included PSUs are generally around $40, unless the PSU is really, really crappy (in which case it won't have a PCIe connector).

But let me still run a quick search through Newegg.

Edit: ok this is what I found: Linkworld 437-01-C2229 - $25.99. It has a 430W PSU (with 18A on +12V rail).

The PSU doesn't have a 6-pin PCIe connector, but you can just convert two molex connectors with a Molex to PCIe adapter. It also doesn't have a SATA power connector, so you'll need a Molex to SATA adapter [this adapter is a pass-through, meaning you can still use the molex connector].

well, seems like getting that other case will just be better overall. ill just stick with that one:D thnx though

Alright. You should know, though, that the Raidmax included PSU will most likely not have a 6-pin PCIe connector (few cheap PSUs do). You'll still need to convert two molex connectors. Also the SATA power cable is too short to reach the hard drive bays, so you'll need either a molex-to-SATA converter, or a SATA extender (if they exist).

Also I don't want you to think that PSU is good. It's done its job so far, but I wouldn't trust it 100%. On a 1 to 10 scale, I'd give it maybe a 6. Don't go for the Raidmax because of its PSU (actually that's a reason not to buy it).

The cheapest PSU I'd recommend is this Fortron 400W. It's a reliable brand and it has dual +12V rails (18A each).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom