Would Halo Combat Evolved work on the Acer AspireRevo - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Would Halo Combat Evolved work on the Acer AspireRevo

Hello, So I am a gamer, but I recently ran into a situation where my rig up and died on me. I am looking for a cheap desktop that can play some games. Games I love to play include Star Wars Republic Commando, Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Battlefront two, (pretty much any star wars game, And of course Halo Combat Evolved/Custom Edition.

I have found this cheap Nettop on Walmart.com and was wondering if I could get a few opinions if Halo would work. If so, would any of the other games I listed work? I am not too good along the lines of technical terms, so I am pretty lost when it comes to computer specifications.

This is the nettop I am viewing. Walmart.com: Acer Black/White AspireRevo 1600-910H Mini Desktop PC with Intel Atom 230 Processor & Windows XP (SP3): Computers

Old 05-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: Would Halo Combat Evolved work on the Acer AspireRevo

I wouldn't expect it to run games very well. Halo is old, and it might not run that very well. The atom is a great processor for mobile work, but not really meant for gaming. it also doesn't have a graphics card at all. You can probably buy a barebones system and a cheap graphics card for almost the same price and be better off. I'll look around.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Would Halo Combat Evolved work on the Acer AspireRevo

Ok, thanks.
Closed Thread