Would this graphics card be good for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
COD4 would run maxed out with decent FPS on the 4670........ its not that demanding of a game. For about 30lbs you could look for a 8600 GT or something along the lines of a 8600 GTS. That should be able to handle COD4 no problem. Just remember to get one with GDDR3 and not GDDR2. Even if you must choose between 512MB GDDR2 and 256 GDDR3. Go with the GDDR3 instead.

Not to be a pain but do you know a good site where i could look to purchase one with my current budget?

You live in the UK so I wouldn't know. But there are quite a few members on the forums from the UK. Maybe they might be able to help you out. The 4670 or 9600 GSO will be great for gaming and won't run you any more then 40~50 pounds.

ebay is your best bet to get a graphics card that will play the games you want it to. Other then that B-grade items are on all sites roviding they still have a long time left on there warranty or are shop ex demo cards they should be fine. A new card is highly unlikely I have already had a quick look and on that budget its fairly bad selection even in the sales sections. English shops in order of good to bad

KustomPCs - HTPC, Gaming, CarPC, Cooling and Modding Products in the UK !
Overclockers UK
dabs.com - Laptops, Components, MP3 players, Software, Digital Cameras
Scan.co.uk: Computer Hardware - All
Cheap Laptops, Hard Drives, LCD Monitors, TVs and more at Ebuyer

satlynay why would you say ebuyer is the worst of the lot? Ebuyer,aria and overclockers all have a great selection and prices, overclockers being the most pricey mind, aria is generally cheapest.

satlynay why would you say ebuyer is the worst of the lot? Ebuyer,aria and overclockers all have a great selection and prices, overclockers being the most pricey mind, aria is generally cheapest.

Had some bad experiences with ebuyer and find there technical support pretty bad and website can me difficult to navigate in a hurry. Never heard of Aria???? Overclockers personally had a couple of bad experiences with shipping times and product packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom