Which would be faster 2 Intel Xeon 2 Ghz or an Intel Celeron Dual Core 2.5 Ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSzaday

Baseband Member
Just wondering, to make sure Im not making a rash decision with a build... My system is having problems, and I want to build a more efficient system, and Im planning to use a Celeron Dual Core 2.5 Ghz. I just want to make sure Im not losing speed, the previous system had 1GB of RAM and had 2 Intel Xeon 2 Ghz, the new one will have 2GB of RAM and an Intel Celeron Dual Core 2.5 Ghz. Generally speaking, which would be faster?

Most likely the Celeron build. Not sure which Xeons you're using, but most likely older versions. Since the celeron is built on a different process, a better on, it'll run the dual Xeons like none other. Plus, you're probably using DDR RAM with the Xeons, and the celeron will most likely have DDR2, which is marginally faster.

Most likely the Celeron build. Not sure which Xeons you're using, but most likely older versions. Since the celeron is built on a different process, a better on, it'll run the dual Xeons like none other. Plus, you're probably using DDR RAM with the Xeons, and the celeron will most likely have DDR2, which is marginally faster.

Thanks, now I'm convinced Im going in the right direction with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom