Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

that0n3guy

Beta member
Alright, right now I have an N2PAP Lite by Jetway mobo with a Athlon XP 2400+, 1 gb of RAM, and a GeForce 4 MX 4000. Now, as you probably would notice, this is a horrible setup and isn't up to par with what I am trying to accomplish. I'm no hardcore gamer, but it drives me insane when I don't have enough power to play a game that came out in about 2003. I need to get a graphics card that has ATLEAST Pixel and Vertex shader v2.0. So this is where the question comes in for you techy people to help me,

1. What does this package actually include?
  2. Are the components included noticeably better than my current setup?
  3. Is it worth the price

Any assistance with the situation would be extremely appreciated, I'm not really a computer hardware person myself.

Thanks,
Eddie

You would get more performance getting a new system. Just updating the GPU will not make it run all that better.

These are your options basically:
Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Video Cards & Video Devices,Desktop Graphics / Video Cards,AGP 4X/8X

A good card will be choked by the 2400+, the lesser cards are not giving you alot of extra power, BUT are better than your mx4000, and won't be transferable to a new build, if you did one eventually.

Is it worth it? Thats a question only you can answer, are you planning a new build soon, or wanting to keep this around a bunch longer? The link shows the prices, you determine if you want to spend that much. A decent new build can be ha for about 500 or a bit less.

The ATI cards will most likely fit your needs for awhile, but need more power. Youy'll have to open the case and find out your ower supply Size, its in Watts, like 350W etc.

Thats all i got for you... Got more questions,. ask away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom