IT WORKS! Should I attempt to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8boarder1414

Baseband Member
I got my first ever product that i bought on the internet!!! a geforce 6600 GT wow... its beautiful... anyways should i install it or should i get futureshop to do it? how hard is it? can i damage it easily? any ideas guys?

To install a video card is a very simple task. First you would want to uninstall the drivers of your previous card. Then shut down your computer, open the case. Locate your old video card, if its AGP you should pull down the tab and lift the card out, then just install the new one, and make sure you plug in the power connector. If its pcie16 just pull it out, install the new one, and plug in the power connector. Turn on the computer, and install the new drivers. Then play some BF2 :D

that guys got, right,
do it yourself, i was in your shoes a couple of months ago, it scared the **** out of this rook.,,,,, but through the expert advice of other members i did it w/ no probs at all
putting the card in was alittle harder than i thought it would be, it didnt just "slide in", and also made some funny metal on metal noises

but it is that simple

Make sure you don't accidentally hit anything while installing the card into the case (physically), thats about all that I can think could go wrong. Of course you gotta first find out if that card is compatiable with your motherboard at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom