Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedeadghost

Beta member
Hi Guys, This is my first post.

I am looking forward to buy a wireless keyboard / mouse which would work on a bluetooth interface. The whole idea behind this is to reduce the wires running around the desk.

I am looking for a keyboard and mouse that would not include any kind of wires to funtion. Like the bluetooth mouse available for notebooks. Is there something similar available for the keyboards also ? Hope you are getting me..

Just the 2 bluetooth receivers connected behind the cpu ( one for the keyboard and one for the mouse ) and nothing else.

Please let me know if such a product is available here in India.

I stay in Mumbai.

Thanks a lot..

I have experience of using 2 X Bluetooth desksets, both from Reputable Manufacturer

1: Logitech MX5000 (DO NOT BUY), I used it for over a year, handsome looks bad performance and software

2: Just bought Microsoft Wireless Entertainment desktop 7000, on Bluetooth and BRILLIANT. only this, is it doesn't have a NUM PAD, else. I am really very impressed with stability. and it doesnt even need wires a simple USB Bluetooth Dongle does the job.

in both cases, there was only ONE Bluetooth receiver. as a USB can support 16+ devices at one time on single port.

Hi Blind_arrow

Thanks for the reply dude.
Thanks for the advice too, i have never trusted logitech...
Will check out the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment desktop 7000 one..
Any idea's of its latest price down here in Mumbai ?

Thanks again..

hmm, I am not from Mumbai, however, their latest is 8000 series, with addition of back lit keyboard (and nothing else). so better stick with 7000, and mouse is 8000 series anyway in both cases.

it costed around £80 in UK. i am looking for around 6000Rs +/- in India.

in both cases, there was only ONE Bluetooth receiver. as a USB can support 16+ devices at one time on single port.
quick clarification each usb Controller (usually 2 ports per controller) can support 127 devices. in other words, unless you have allot of free time you will never have too many usb devices. also 1 bluetooth adapter can run multiple devices.

1 more thing. there is a big difference between bluetooth and wireless usb like most wireless keyboards. wireless usb is what my logitech lx710 uses it is NOT bluetooth compatible. it has a usb adapter that pugs into a usb port that my mouse and keyboard both use. if it was bluetooth and i had internal bluetooth on my laptop i would not need the adapter in the usb port.

just figured id clarify that for anyone was confused :)
...forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom