Wireless Keyboard & Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTickle

Solid State Member
Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Keyboard 4000 Hi

IÂ’m new to computers so please bear with me.

IÂ’m looking to buy a wireless Keyboard & Mouse combo set, but donÂ’t really know what to purchase, as the price range varies from very low to high.

Whilst looking at the information for them, IÂ’m confused by all the jargon, so hope someone can assist me.

I know they come with batteries, would I also need to purchase a charger?

Is the keyboard & mouse easy to install, as I say, IÂ’m not computer literate.

Trust someone can point me in the right direction.

they come with batteries, 2 AA most of the time, most dont charge you have to keep buying new AA batteries.

it installs the same way and a reg mouse and keyboard, you plug it in and go, its seen right away by the OS.

Wireless keyboards and mice im not a big fan of, because of the lower dpi and sometimes the connection cuts out ever so slight that you wouldnt notice in normal use but when playing games it can get annoying.

other wise for prices its looked at the same way as buying a reg keyboard, you pay more if you want all the fancy buttons for music and web and if you dont need them y ou can get a cheaper one with out all the add ons.

OK, thanks, that explains it a little bit for me.

How about the different makes? I suppose it's like a car, all depends on the brand name one prefers, is this correct.

Not being computer literate, difficult question this but what make would "Someone with computer knoweledge choose"

It can also work out very expensive with having to keep replacing the batteries, so would it be advisable to get a charger included?

Thanks so far for the assistance

for wireless logitech and microsoft would be good. the newer keyboards and mouses have a much longer battery life.

MrTickle said:
OK, thanks, that explains it a little bit for me.

How about the different makes? I suppose it's like a car, all depends on the brand name one prefers, is this correct.

Not being computer literate, difficult question this but what make would "Someone with computer knoweledge choose"

It can also work out very expensive with having to keep replacing the batteries, so would it be advisable to get a charger included?

Thanks so far for the assistance

In my opinion, the best make for keyboards and mice is Microsoft. I have tried Logitech and many cheap companies, and Microsoft is the best quality for the price.

The batteries in the keyboard and mouse will typically last about 3-4 months, so if you buy batteries in large quantities (30 packs), they will last probably 3-4 years, or when they expire, whatever comes first.

One minor thing: If you buy a cordless mouse/keyboard set, make sure that you don't place the receiver on top of the PC tower. It loses signal that way.

talldude123 said:
The batteries in the keyboard and mouse will typically last about 3-4 months, so if you buy batteries in large quantities (30 packs), they will last probably 3-4 years, or when they expire, whatever comes first.

Ok, thanks for the info.

HereÂ’s where IÂ’m getting confused.

Some keyboard & mouse combo sets have a battery charger included otherÂ’s donÂ’t, whatÂ’s the advantage of buying a package that includes a battery charger?

Well, I have seen some cordless mice (not keyboards) that have a charging cradle. But they can be expensive; just go with alkaline batteries, or if you're really nervous, some cheap Pure Energy Rechargables. They typically last about 30 charges, and are really cheap.

Thanks

OK, so I now know what I am buying:

Wireless Optical Desktop 4000, anyone with any reviews on this?

Next question:

I live in the UK, although will be in New York in 3 weeks, the £ is brilliant against the $ at present, almost $2:00 to the £, I was thinking of buying a the above in NY, what’s your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom