Wireless Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

T88SupraStyle

In Runtime
Ok, so i am building a computer.

I Need to know if it is possible to get a wireless card to make my desktop wireless.

Please help
Thanks

you mean get wireless internet from a router? yes its possible. many different types of cards, pci cards, little USB adaptors.. etc..

well in order for you to get to the internet on a wireless connection, there must be a broadcast (access point) from another device (like a wireless router).

What exactly are you trying to do by putting a wireless card in your comptuer?

(yea the router and your comptuer make a sort of mini network btw)

yea i have a router hooked up and everything,

cuz when im finished this build im going to have 3 comps 2 desktops and 1 laptop.

thats why i want my desktop have wireless internet.. unless its possible to hook up another modem on my other desktop

lol.. i'm gonna assume you have a wireless router...

if you have cable/dsl, you would connect your cable/dsl modem to the router, and after that everything connects to the router. your laptop will connect to the router. your desktops should connect to the router via wire, wires are better than wireless...

your router should have at least 4 ports for connecting computers via wire.. all new computers have built in network cards (aka NIC cards..) if you have an old computer, you may need to buy the NIC seperately.. which only costs a couple of dollars...

so:

modem >> router >>>>> all comps

its entirely possible to have a wireless desktop.....just get a wireless card. but if you plan on doing any gaming, then ethernet cable is much faster.....like a cat 5 cable or something....alot less ping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom