windows product keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveasorus

Baseband Member
I used to have a gateway before i built my current PC, i am using the same CD key as the gateway on my current PC, can i use it agian for another pc without problems?

Thanks - Steve

FFS!!! theres only 17 minutes between those two posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get a bit more patient!!!

Anyway...
If its Xp then yes , it just means you cant DL anything from microsoft website because microsoft will class it as not 'genuine'.

it shouldent do if you are only using it on one pc, it will just say that you have significally changed the hardware when you do the genuine check.

one think you could do is just not install the genuine tool thing in automatic updates, however somethings you wont be able to update (e.g. ie7).
Some people have had this problem before and i dont know why they dont just buy a new OS. (OEM xp home about £50-£60 XP PRO £80-£100).

i've installed the xp that came with my laptop on 2 other desktops with the same cd key.. works on both, they both update everything etc. and microsoft recongnizes all 3 of them as genuine.

sailpog said:
FFS!!! theres only 17 minutes between those two posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get a bit more patient!!!

hahaha he bumped it after 17 mins, lol...

but like everyone said..it will work

Yeah the only time it wont work it if its a key off the internet, because those keys have been used by thousands of people, so they get blacklisted and wont update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom