windows not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigtrucker700

Solid State Member
AMD 64 Bit 3200+
K8N-E Asus 6800GT video

I tried backing up my drive and it seemed to crash during reboot using Paragon Backup 6.0. It kept rebooting from the blue screen of death. So I reinstalled that went fine except it seems all my programs are on my C drive but are not reconized. Now the new problem I thought I would get a new drive copy my drive over to it using a newer version paragon drive backup 8.0. It says it coyped but system will not reconize it. I tried going into the bios to see if it reconized the drive and it did. But now when I try to boot all I get is the splash screen. If I hit Del and try an go into the bios it just comes up to second spash screen with nvram on it and the processer. Can anyone help me get to bios. I my try and boot from floppy and see it that works. Let you know

Clear your CMOS. (pull the battery for about 20 minutes, with the power supply unplugged) You might also want to replace it, if you've had that mobo a while. and while your in there give all your connections a once over to make sure everthing is tight. If that doesn't work then I would possibly reformat onto old drive and then see if the new one is seen after that (seeing as the new drive you have, has all your data on it that you don't want to loose) but it might be a bad drive (old one)

I got it going. It was the flash animation start up screen. I guess it lost the drivers. I pushed the Ctrl and F2 keys then it started looking for the cd rom with the mobo info on it. Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom