Windows loaded on F: Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennykyser

Baseband Member
After I built my computer last night, I loaded windows and it loaded on the corect hard drive but labeled it F: Drive and this can not be changed.

Should I leave it alone or redo everything to get it on C: Drive?

it's doesn't matter to the machine... if you want it on C then you'll have to reload... you'll just have to remember that the F drive is "C" when loading programs and such...

I am guessing that you have a memory card reader hooked up? The same thing happened to me with my Shuttle when I loaded windows for the first time... Memory card reader took C & D, optical was E, and HDD was F.... problem solved by formatting, DISCONNECTING the memory card reader, installing windows fully, THEN RECONNECTING memory card reader.

You will be fine with it on F, I just changed mine, cause I am used to C: being drive for OS.

Ethereal_Dragon said:
I am guessing that you have a memory card reader hooked up? The same thing happened to me with my Shuttle when I loaded windows for the first time... Memory card reader took C & D, optical was E, and HDD was F.... problem solved by formatting, DISCONNECTING the memory card reader, installing windows fully, THEN RECONNECTING memory card reader.

You will be fine with it on F, I just changed mine, cause I am used to C: being drive for OS.

Exactly right, I probably will reformat since I have not loaded anything yet. Some time down the line I will wish I had if I dont do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom