will this work for my computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't see why not but turning that off wouldn't it hard boot your computer everytime?

"A hard reboot (also known as a cold reboot, frozen reboot, cold boot or cold start) is when power to a computer is cycled (turned off and then on) or a special reset signal to the processor is triggered (from a front panel switch of some sort). This restarts the computer without first performing any shut-down procedure. (With many operating systems, especially those using disk caches, after a hard reboot the filesystem may be in an "unclean" state, and an automatic scan of on-disk filesystem structures will be done before normal operation can begin.) It may be caused by power failure, be done by accident, or be done deliberately as a last resort to forcibly retrieve the system from instances such as a critical error or virus-inflicted DoS attack."

from Wiki....

I would shut down or hibernate it and then use the remote and that would be like unplugging the power from the computer when its off.

I just emailed Computer Geeks and they said that I was right and thats exactly what its used for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom