will this videocard work with this power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
and will the power supply and videocard both work together in an inspiron 530 (not the slim version, but the normal tower size).

Yes, it will work. But that PSU is crap, TBH. It may have Corsair's name on it, but all the builder's Series are junk made by a third party (corsair should be ashamed of themselves).[/url]
I weep at this response. I read into it and have only come to find what you say true in the case of the 430CX. I guess I shall be a trying test of this line. :(

Power supply, yes. Card, doubtful. The card is just over 9.5" long. You will need to break out a measuring tape and see if it will fit or not. The XFX 6850 is around 8.5", so that card may be a better choice

ok , lets say the card i have in right now is 8.5 inches. and the card i need is 9.5 inches. would the extra length be just on the opposite side of the hdmi vga and dvi port side, or would it be added length to both sides.

I was getting this issue today about power supplies and video cards. The information IS there under the tab labeled 'Details'. Scroll down until you see this; System Requirements
Minimum 500 Watt Power Supply Requirement

Although I was told this is only when your card is running at it's max. I then asked "What if I max it, will my PSU still be enough to power my system?" and got no response.

I was getting this issue today about power supplies and video cards. The information IS there under the tab labeled 'Details'. Scroll down until you see this; System Requirements

Although I was told this is only when your card is running at it's max. I then asked "What if I max it, will my PSU still be enough to power my system?" and got no response.

The minimum wattage is only a semi safe guesstimate. Though with brands like Logisys putting out 350 watts marked as 480 watt (max) you need to look even farther than that. You also need to look at the video cards required amps and look at how much your PSU puts out on it's 12V rail.

Thats the same as Corsair..... The 430 is really a decent 380. and priced about that too.

I truely don't blame them for this psu line. Theyre missing out on alot of sales due to their psus being pricey. For most people who are uninformed and buy based on specs, ie gpu states min 500W, this psu line is just fine.

As a base. my 260s and oc'd q6600 ate a max 520Ws.

ok , lets say the card i have in right now is 8.5 inches. and the card i need is 9.5 inches. would the extra length be just on the opposite side of the hdmi vga and dvi port side, or would it be added length to both sides.

Yes, opposite the DVI ports, toward the hard drive cage.

You must have missed the response someone posted (which, incidentally, did a great job explaining the "max" listed).

The thing to remember, as Abstract pointed out, is that not all PSUs are created equal. Some are garbage and will blow and take out half you components, some just lie and only deliver part of their listed wattage (which causes stability problems and can kill your stuff), but some are solid and get the job done right. The rule of thumb is "if it is dirt cheap it is just dirt" for me. A good dependable PSU will cost you, but it is money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom