Will this Vid card & PSU work in my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukse17

Solid State Member
Hey guys, im looking to upgrade my HP that i bought about a year ago. Wanted to do some simple things first like upgrade the Videocard and PSU, so that i can do a little bit more gaming with some better looking graphics.

This is the comp i am working with at the moment:
HP Pavilion Media Center m8400f PC (KJ377AA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office Products

The Videocard id like to use :
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N973-TR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

The PSU id like to use :
Newegg.com - Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2DB 500W ATX12V Power Supply - Power Supplies

I measured inside the case, and the psu should fit, The videocard i had to go with a single slot one due too the Sata's being in the way of a longer wider Videocard, But with my comp only using the bottom 3 (from my view with the tower upright) I can manage to squeeze it in there.

My thing is im not the most tech savy guy, from what i can see it looks like it should work, but i just wanna double check before i order.

Thanks for any help guys =D

I see no reason why it wouldn't. As long as you have the correct PCI which it looks like you do, you should be good to go.

Make sure the PS has the same screw hole pattern as the case does, otherwise you might be drilling new holes, etc.

is it hard to switch from Nvidia to Radeon? and how would i go about checking for Holes so i wont be drilling? lol just search in google pics

It's not hard to switch at all. You would just have to uninstall the Nvidia (display) drivers, remove the Nvidia card, install the Radeon (ATi) card, and then install the ATi drivers.

is it hard to switch from Nvidia to Radeon? and how would i go about checking for Holes so i wont be drilling? lol just search in google pics

Some PS's have a different hole patterns, might be in the extreme corner or off-set in the corner, middle of the PS, etc. Sometimes the case is made for that particular hole pattern. I had a Dell that was this way, holes didnt' line up, had to make new ones.

Read this:

How to correctly remove graphics card drivers. - NVIDIA Forums

Your computer is fairly new, so it should use a standard ATX PSU. Older models of Dell, HP, Compaq, whatever used proprietary parts, but most now use off-the-shelf stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom