Will This Upgrade Work?

Renegade Ares

Solid State Member
Hey there guys. I've been wanting to get a new desktop for some time now. I don't use it much, but mine is a HP Pavilion a535w. Made in 2004 and running on XP Home Edition. It's hard drive is nearly full at a whopping 75GB and the processor and everything else is outdated and old. We need to either buy a new one or upgrade this one soon because my parents need a better computer to do their stuff and I want to have a secondary computer I can do a little light gaming on from time to time. I looked into it, and replacing nearly all of the internal parts is cheaper than buying a new one that would be just as good. So I want to buy all new parts and just install them in the same case. Here's the parts:

Processor: AMD FX-4170 Zambezi 4.2GHz Quad-Core, Socket AM3+
Motherboard: Biostar A880 GZ AM3+ 880G SATA 6GB/s, HDMI, Micro ATX
Graphics: MSI R6570 - MD2GD3/LP Radeon HD 6570, 2GB
HDD: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLHX, 300GB, 10000rpm, 3.5"
RAM: SPECTEK 8GB 240-pin DDR3 RAM

So is that all I will need to upgrade? Do I need to buy a new case fan or CPU fan? Heat sync? Case? Change any parts due to incompatibility? Let me know ASAP. I can give links to each item as needed. Thanks for the help guys.

Hey there guys. I've been wanting to get a new desktop for some time now. I don't use it much, but mine is a HP Pavilion a535w. Made in 2004 and running on XP Home Edition. It's hard drive is nearly full at a whopping 75GB and the processor and everything else is outdated and old. We need to either buy a new one or upgrade this one soon because my parents need a better computer to do their stuff and I want to have a secondary computer I can do a little light gaming on from time to time. I looked into it, and replacing nearly all of the internal parts is cheaper than buying a new one that would be just as good. So I want to buy all new parts and just install them in the same case. Here's the parts:

Processor: AMD FX-4170 Zambezi 4.2GHz Quad-Core, Socket AM3+
Motherboard: Biostar A880 GZ AM3+ 880G SATA 6GB/s, HDMI, Micro ATX
Graphics: MSI R6570 - MD2GD3/LP Radeon HD 6570, 2GB
HDD: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLHX, 300GB, 10000rpm, 3.5"
RAM: SPECTEK 8GB 240-pin DDR3 RAM

So is that all I will need to upgrade? Do I need to buy a new case fan or CPU fan? Heat sync? Case? Change any parts due to incompatibility? Let me know ASAP. I can give links to each item as needed. Thanks for the help guys.

In all honestly just buy a case, you can pick a micro atx for like 50 buxs. Which I think you will be much happier than using your old case. Make sure that your power supply meets the requirments for that video card you choose. I couldn't find what the watt's was on your hp.

You definately need to find out how big the psu is. Its probably 250W and getting tired.

You also do NOT want that velocirapter hd. Just get a dedcent size Mid range one like a WD Blue.

tHE CPU WILL COME WITH A HSF... oops

Back
Top Bottom