Will these be compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwoody

Solid State Member
Ok, so after putting it off.. I can't any longer, and need to upgrade my Gpu - Which means an upgrade of my power supply too!

Just wanted to make sure the two are compatible with my current tower (GATEWAY DX4840-11E core i3-550 is the exact model - prebuilt with onboard graphics)

The card I have basically chosen to go with is Newegg.ca - SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity which should be good enough for what I use it for.

The power supply is a tossup between two, but am partial towards the OCZ purely from the number of feedback:
Newegg.ca - OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

Newegg.ca - Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Im thinking it all is compatible, but thought i'd ask first - you guys have been very helpful in the past!

I think you are confusing the GTX 560 and the GTX 560Ti.

The Ti version is over the 6850, the normal 560 is closer to the GTX 460.

I think you are confusing the GTX 560 and the GTX 560Ti.

The Ti version is over the 6850, the normal 560 is closer to the GTX 460.

So the GTX is actually not as good as the sapphire I previously was thinking about?

And ok, I think i'll go with the Antec power suppy ^^

Sorry, think I spoke too soon.

Did a little research and the GTX 560 is actually on-par with the HD 6870.
So between it and the 6850, get the 560.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom