Will this set up work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elephant Shoe

Beta member
Ok, I've came up with a setup for a new computer that I would like to build. I'm kind of rookie but I want to stay up to date and be modern. Here is what I came up with..

Computer Case: Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Processor:Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Hard Drive: SATA 1 TB (Nothing to hardcore, i.e 10,000+ RPM)

RAM: Newegg.com - OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Motherboard: Newegg.com - EVGA 132-BL-E758-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Power Supply: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Video Card: nVidia EVGA 9800 GTX

CD/DVD Drive: Standard LG Drive

I already have the Hard Drive, Video Card and the CD/DVD drive, so buying new ones wont be an option for me. ;-(

Is this all compatible with each other? If not, why? Am I making any wrong choices? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Thanks for the quick responses. ;-) I'm glad this rig will work! And yeah, I had to be cautious on the case, the 9800 gtx is very big.

Wow, tons of space and looks very nice. Lots of management. Thanks for posting some pictures, I was looking for some.

it looks a little better now. i cleaned up some of those little random fan wires that are running all over the place and got a GTX 260 core 216 in there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom