Will this PSU be okay to use for a new graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunta Kinte

Beta member
I am planning to replace my current 300W PSU for a better 450W PSU.

FRYS.com | Raidmax

My desktop is an 'hp a6010n' with the ATX-300GU. The reason I'm buying the new PSU is to upgrade to a higher wattage and be able to use my newly bought graphics card to its fullest potential. My graphic's card is this :

Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-95TEK2M-FSL GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I'm just curious on if I can run my graphics card with the 'Raidmax Rhino Panther 450W ATX Power Supply' that I'm going to buy tomorrow. Please tell me if the power supply is good enough to run my graphics card with max settings with phsyx enabled. I want to be able to play modern games like Left for Dead 2 and Modern Warfare with max settings and phsyx enabled. Please reply. Thank you.

what trotter said about the psu. but as for maxing out those games with that gpu, not a chance. What res do u play at? although it does not really matter, even at 1280x1024 you would not be able to max those games out i dont think.

^what is wrong with any of the alternative that trotter posted? As well, no, higher wattage will not increase performance. By getting a higher wattage psu you can just use more power hungry hardware.

no, it will do nothing to increase gaming performance.

out of those you listed, i would probably get the antec. it will handle that 9500gt with no problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom