Will PQI Brand Turbo 1GB PC2 5400 DDR SDRAM modules work w/ Dell Optiplex GX270?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrspendnot

Beta member
I recently purchased a refurbished Dell Optiplex GX270 P4 3.0 HT mini tower that has 4 slots, it currently has 2 GB but I want to max it out to 4GB.
I recently saw some PQI Brand Turbo 1GB PC2 5400 DDR SDRAM memory modules on sale and considered getting them for the computer but I am not certain they will work. Does anyone know if they will run properly in this Dell unit or do I need to continue my memory upgrade search??? :confused: Thanks for any input.

Your best bet is to run CPU-Z on the computer in question to see what kind of RAM it needs.

I'm not certain, but a Google search leads me to believe that you need DDR 333 (PC 2700), or DDR 400 (PC 3200).

Edit: On another note, I don't think you would get much benefit from the RAM upgrade. Unless you're doing stuff you know is RAM intensive, you might be best just staying at 2GB.

Cool.
I was thinking that maxing out the memory would speed of the processors, but if the extra memory won't enhance everything signifcantly, I will save my money. Plus I don't have this moniker because I am big on spending money...
Thanks for the info.

Yeah, unless your into video editing or something... the RAM won't do much for you.

The machine seems decent enough that it shouldn't have too noticible of lag, unless your playing games. To make games run better, you'd need to upgrade the video card. A RAM upgrade probably wouldn't benefit you much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom