Will people buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanpcrepair

Beta member
I opened my own pc repair business a year ago. I mainly do light work. Memory upgrades and antivirus. I am thinking of selling Some PC's. The people in my town don't really spend much money. But I get a call every few weeks from people looking to buy a cheap pc. I found this.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1261669&sku=J156-2076

My wife says it's ugly, and no one will buy that style of computer. I on the other hand think that people looking for a computer, that don't want to spend a fortune would pay for it and not make a fuss. Heck I could airbrush them a cool color.

anyway I wanted the opinion of people that understand computers, and not my wife, who thinks it's her job to fight me.

P.S. I know its better to build. But I am not ready to start selling a lot of PCs. I was thinking of just buying a couple for when people call and want one quick.

These computers would be fine for basic internet use or for schools, because its basically ready to use out of the box. It's decent for the price and I'm sure people would buy it. I'd say order ~3 and sell them and if you get anyone else interested go ahead and order up. :)

They definitely have an old school look to them. I know I wouldn't buy that style, but that's just me.

I know I couldn't seel someone one of those without being totally upfront with them about the limitations of such a system.

If you are wanting to provide decent cheap systems to people, check out retrobox.com. They carry used PCs that were used in Fortune 500 companies. None come with an OS, but they carry everything from old as dirt to fairly recent stuff. That includes laptops, monitors, printers, servers, everything. Check 'em out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom