Will nVIDIA work as well as ATI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riceball

Daemon Poster
ATI vs. nVIDIA

hey guys i was just wondering what's going on with my mobo. There isn't a problem with it but when i got it, there was this piece of paper that was talking about the mobo and on it said that the pci-E slot is best for ATI cards and it's strongly recommended to upgrade to an ATI card in the future. I'm not sure what this means because i'd like to get an nVIDIA card in the future and i hope it works okay. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

NVidia will work okay...in fact I would strongly recommend you picking up a GeForce 6600 GT or better yet a 6800 regular or 6800GT if you can afford it. It will kick the snot out of your X700 Pro. They just recommend ATI because it has an ATI chipset and is therefore sponsored by them. Kinda like Nvidia owns the NForce4 chipset, that doesn't mean an ATI card wont work with that mobo.

you should, your lagging in cs LOL!

175??!:?! you could have got a 6800. aye people who make big mistakes.

Emachine :laughing:

LOL hey, my emachine is rockin'. i've turned it into a sweet gaming rig, and btw, my video card is better than yours :D

Riceball said:
thanks, i really wanna shoot myself for paying $175 for that x700 pro.

LOL the Radeon Xx00 series were the most overpriced cards in the history of hardware. I payed over $400 for my X800 Pro and this card barely outperforms the 6600 GT, which started at around $200 and you can get for about $140 now.

the X800(not sure of the X850 but lets include that anyways)X850 TOO! series was just a bunch of junk just to try to keep up with nvidia, but that didnt go so well

Absolutely, I kick myself every day for buying an X800 Pro...it took a bad experience like this to realize why I was an Nvidia fan until everybody suggested I get an ATI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom