will my friend see an improvement if i give him a 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
Right now my friend said that his video card is a "s3g unichrome igp" thats what he told me and I was wondering if I gave him my old Nvidia FX5200 128MB would he see any improvement he I have it just sittin around.

I would try to find some infromation on his motherboard first, but a dedicated graphics card is usually a better option than onboard graphics (igp= integrated graphics processor).

Ok now would he be able to just put it in and go or does he have to down load something or what?

yes he will se an amazing improvement. I had that same unichrome 3 igp thing and i was using that. Then my friedn let me try out his fx5500 to see if i wanted to buy it. I saw incredible increase. The fx5500 is nothign special but is like going from day to night when upgrading from that unichrome 3 s**t. He will see improvement.

well first do you know hwo to get to the bios? If you do, once you ar there go to usually settings or features it is on my bios and then look for the igp and it should give you a way to disable it. This is only off the top of my head so i dotn knwo evrything exactly lol but that is around it.

ok i think i know what you are talking about but could you just tell me how to get to the bios thanks and this should be that last question

sure np. I'll try to explain it to you but just snd me a private message if you need more help. On all motherboards it is different but for me i just press delete. Try that or f8 or f2. When you bott up and the bios screen pops up try to read what it says. It usually tell you to press a button to do somehitng. On mine its says"press delete for setup" but all mobos are different i hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom