will this mobo do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calosIII

Baseband Member
hi all.
i've read on these boards some budget recommendations and the am2 X2 3600+ and biostar tforce 550 seems like a good bet.
i was wondering tho. for someone who:
- wants to go dual core,
- is on a small budget,
- doesn't really game that much so onboard video will do,
- doesn't really need overclocking but wouldn't mind it,

then would the biostar geforce 6100 do instead? it has a pci-e slot so a video card can be added when the need arises. any known problems with the mobo? any suggestions for another mobo?

thanks...

on a tight budget amd is the way to go with some g-skill 2x1gb ram and arctic silver 5, a zalman (9700 or 9500) or a scythe ninja you could get some nice moderate overclocks. you may want to think of a budget videocard rather then onboard like an nvidia 7600.

Matt

hi. thanks very much for the replies. sorry for not replying back as i've been away fr a few days and no net connection.

owen60: thanks for that smartratings site but it does'nt seem to have that many reviews yet. at least not the budget boards i was looking fr. lots of other parts tho.

turtile: the msi K9N6PGM-F looks good. i'm still looking for other reviews.

i know that getting a videocard is way better that onboard graphics but i'd rather save the money if i dont really need it yet. having the pcie slot there is good enough.

so does anyone have the biostar gforce 6100? is it that crappy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom