Will it make a difference???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanServer

Baseband Member
Hi, i am thinking about getting an AMD 64 bit 3700+. I am not willing to install xp 64 bit edition cause i have heard that it straight up sucks. So my question is, If i install windows xp pro with a 64 bit processor am i going to reap all of the benefits of 64 bit. Is there anything extra i need? Just let me know what i need to know

Thankyou,
ICS

So, are there any drivers or such that i can install to take advantage of it. Somewone else posted on one of questions that most of the folks on tech-forums are using 64 bit. What are you guys using the 64 bit. I strongly doubt everyone is using linux, lol

Thanks,
Sean

Most have the 64 Bit processor, but it only runs in 32 Bit mode with a 32 Bit Operating System.

Its not 64 Bit until your using a 64 Bit Operating system.

If you're using a 32 bit operating system, all the programs and drivers and such will also be 32 bit. The only way to see any benefit from the fact that the processor supports 64 bit technology is to install a 64 bit OS.

Ok, well do you guys run xp 64 bit, if so how do you like it? do you fin it unstable or is it ok?

Thanks.
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom