will this just scratch the surface for XP SP1???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
well thank you, all everybody else says is beside my point and i can afford a better one, so just please tell me what i need and how to get it please , NOT GET A NEW ONE, because this laptop will only be mine for 4-5months, im getting a new laptop for my birthday!

Look dude, XP will run on it. There's a computer here at work that I use all the time, here's a screenshot...

untitled20ht.jpg

do you eventually put up with it (meaning the speed?), and can you make it have the blue windows xp look (not the classic)?
And how much RAM is in it?

It has 128mb of ram, and you can use the blue window boarders, I just can't stand how they look so I set it to these.

It's usable, I can effectively use AutoCAD LT 2000.

ok, thanks, thats a relief, i was just considering linux ('blahhh')
I saw the only one i liked, linspire 5.0, and unfortunatley, it needs 256mb RAM, i dont like linux coz of bad experiences (lets just say lost completely everything on our hard drive!!!!)
But, if itll take 5 minutes to start up, SO BE IT!
I cant stand apple macintosh OS's, hate linux, and never had a problem with windows, and i love the look!

I just love people who bash the Mac OS...geez, how often do I have to put up with them.

Also, I have a feeling you lost everything in Linux because of a bad partition scheme. Which is a personal problem.

(Sorry if I sound like I'm in a bad mood, because I am, and I'm getting sick and tired of this thread.)

And he expects to run XP on that laptop with the themes turned ON. Just leave him alone, he'll have a rude awakening soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom