WIll I notice a diffence between these RAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radak

Solid State Member
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit for Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD Platforms SDRAM CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

Corsair Dominator GT 4 GB PC3-16000 2000Mhz Dual Channel Core i3, i5, i7 DDR3 Memory Kit CMT4GX3M2A2000C8

The GT is more expensive so I would like to know will I see any real world diffenrce between the two RAMS

Depending on what you plan to use your computer for, there might be some difference.

If your using your computer for memory intensive task like video editing, the Vengeance will be better since it's 8GB compared to 4GB on the Dominator.

If your planning on doing extreme overclocking than the Dominator will give you more head room to work with compared to the Vengeance.

Depends on the cas latency of each vs throughput but from looking at these id say the Dominator would be your best bet for gaming, 8 gigs wont do you a lick of good unless your running multiple intensive tasks as brinks said.

Well I do photo edit and use vedio editing so I guess I'll go will 8gb of the GT :thumbsup:

you won't notice any difference at all.

reference one:
photoshop
phcs4a.jpg

video editing
vegasproa.jpg

gaming
fc2OCa1.jpg

reference two:
photoshop.png

x264.png

re5.png

so you gain 1-2 fps, depending on the app, but will you notice it? nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
will your wallet notice $100 dollar less? probably yes.
unless you are so rich, a hundred bucks doesn't matter at all. then go for the GT's, looks nice and you get bragging rights.

thanks for that saved me spending $100 on an extra 2-fps. I easily get sucked into expensive parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom