Will this card be able to handle games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The experts on this site will need more info to help you - please give specs of system. also which games, played on what monitor = size and resolution , etc. If your system will only take a AGP card then I will assume it is dated- the CPU may not be able to play some games no matter what GPU you use. Again that is why additional info is needed.

that's a very old card. you could go ahead and list the rest of your parts, and what games you want to play and your res., but if it's pretty much any newer game we can almost guarantee that card won't help very much.

sorry to break it to ya, but the fact that you can only use agp cards is already a big hint that it's probably not a good idea to invest anymore money into that pc. just save up for a little bit, and you'll be able to get something much better than that.

There is really no point in buying that card as it is most likely only slightly better than what you have...

You might have a chance with this one for about $60 + shipping.

Newegg.com - JATON 3DFORCE6200Xe GeForce 6200 512MB 64-bit DDR2 AGP 4X/8X Low Profile Ready Video Card

I wouldn't even try that. I have a 6200 lying around and it suuuuucks.

OP,
Save up. You may not be able to afford much for awhile but you will be much happier with something nice down the road than something crappy now.

AGP is DEAD and been replaced by 2 generations and for 8 years. Either go to your local comp repair shop and they may have some around back that they have ripped out of someone's pc for extremely cheap e.g. $10-20 any more of an expense is pointless. Save up and suck it up and you will get a lot better value for your money when you rebuild.

*sigh* I'm crying a little on the inside.

ok, both of the computers I have I got for free from my job and both are being repaired right now (well, tomorrow when I have some time) but anyway, the only thing I know about them so far is that one is a Dell 4550 and both have pentium 4 cpu. Thats all I can tell you about them now. And the card I have in mind is about $10 (which is the only way I can afford to buy it). Also, the games I want to play are a free one online (Vindictus in case you are wondering) and Team Fortress 2. So they are not graphically intinse games.

EDIT: Ok, I just looked up the system requirments myself to see what I needed (duh) and basically everything I need to meet the recomended requirments is in there. The only problem is that I dont know what Direct x level this card supports. But there are still some things I dont understand. For example, what does 128mb mean? Or the 400mhz?

Thanx everyone for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom