will it bottleneck

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
Been a while and don't game as much as I used to but thinking I want a little upgrade so looking at a new GPU, Was thinking a 2070 or 2080 if I can swing the extra cash but will my I5 4670k cause any bottleneck of any of the fun new tech in these cards. The I5 is still running strong and has yet to lag on anything I've needed it to do so have not done any upgrades but hoping It will still hold its own with a new RTX card.

Hmm might just wait and do a full upgrade, MB CPU Ram and GPU as the rest is usable or already upgraded like the new SSD, Next will be what CPU MB combo to go after.

DDR5 Memory is supposed to hit the consumer market sometime next year, so you'll system will be outdated by then
[inject] sarcasm [/inject]

Last edited:
Lol well it's still playing all the games well so may wait...........YEA....NO... that's not going to happen lol

AMD looks to be actually making a comeback but I am a Intel guy LOL SO not up on what is top any more, When I built mine the 4770 was king and the 4670 was right behind it, Now I have no idea what chip is leading but I'm starting to get back into it so I will know what to get when I do. Having help with the Mortgage now since the wife unit moved in will afford me a little extra, Just need to start researching again.

9900k is the leader right now, it's basically just an 8 core Skylake CPU. Currently goes for 539, and if rumors are true we're looking at 16 core Ryzen 3000 chips that boost to 5Ghz for the same price. AMD chips run way cooler that Intel chips too. I will be moving to Zen 2 myself.

Back
Top Bottom