Baseband Member
7300 LE turbo 256MB Graphics,
80Gb HD SATA
DVDRD
floppy
Conroe e6300
Asrock ConroeXfire Mobo
1gb (2x512) 667 DDR2 RAM

A friend wants a build done and im trying to keep the core bits quite good... while saving money on the surrounding bits so he can upgrade in the future.
The case i found for him comes with a 350W Power supply ... i doubt its really any good... but i just want to know if this set up is acceptable for now.

Cheers

Well budget on everything really. Gota try and keep it under £600 WITH flat screen and mouse and kb - - Not that easy (For us without Newegg in the UK!)

Any suggestions on a cheap 400W PSU + Case that might do the trick?
(Obviously not from newegg...)

that motherboard is a ATI-Crossfire baord.... a Crossfire board is only compatable with 1x single Nvidia card... or 2x ATI cards crossfire enabled.

if you dont plan on use ATI Crossfire.. you should probably avoide the board. (Dont know if it may have Nvidia incompatability probs either). You may save money without it too.

I dont know of Euro pricess, but since you have a low budget, you might be much better off going with a AMD A64 setup. There no longer King of the hill, but thy are still good, and cheaper then Conroes..... especially if he plans on using the computer for gaming... a 7300XX card will not play any modern game without laggg... you need a miniume of a 7600GS or 7600GT.

heres some good general info on witch PSU Brands to stick with:
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=136602

Cheers for the advice...

I know what you mean about the card... but he only wants to play stratagy games like age of empires and things of this nature... other than that just dvd watching perhaps... so graphics IS an area where money can be saved... hence the DIRT cheap almost entirely useless 7300.

In terms of it being a crossfire board im not so sure it is... have a look and let me know if ive missed something...
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Asrock.html

Sorry.,... just read it again... and yes it supports ATI crossfire...

Only spotted it 3rd time through reading it!

Guess the clue was in the title... DOH!

That's true... 350 ACTUAL watts can run a lot. But the majority of 350W PSU's can only run around 250, maybe 300 watts at most. In short, you get what you pay for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom