Wii + Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iviv

Beta member
Hi,

At around christmas time, I'm going to be getting a new computer, as I only have a laptop at the moment. But I would like to be able to buy the moniter first, to use for my Wii. I'm a student, so any steps to save money is a bonus. And since I'm in the UK, I have to pay £150 a year for a TV lisence, if I had a TV. So instead, I'm looking to buy a monitor which I can use with my PC when I get it, but I can also plug my Wii into, when it comes out.

Now, I know very little about cables, and things like component/composite. As far as I can work out, the Wii comes with a composite cable, and I will be using a DVI cable to plug my PC into the monitor.

So, how would one go about plugging a Wii into a monitor?
I don't have a monitor yet, and I'm open for ideas as to which one to get.

Thanks alot :)

wow .... a tv liecense? and i dont lthink that you can directly connect it .. you have to connect the wii to pc or sumthing.. not 100 percent tho

wait I want to know what this tv license entitles you to do. Watch public television??

Basically, if you own a TV you will probably need a TV lisence. Only if you tune it so that there is no picture visible on any of the channels will you be ok. There are detector vans which apparently go around and can check to see if a house has a lisence.

But the money goes into paying for the BBC, which means that none of the BBC channels have advert breaks. If you have a program from 6-7pm, its solid, no breaks every 15 mins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_licensing_in_the_United_Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom