Widescreen LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sguffee

Baseband Member
Ok I'm in need of some advice on a new monitor. I was pretty set on a Haans G. 19". I'm now wondering if I should just go ahead and spend the extra cash and get a 22" and be done with it. I mostly use my computer for gaming and web browsing. What do you suggest? Stick with a 19" or go ahead and purchase a 22"? Also could you please suggest some good 22" monitors if thats what you're thinking I should get?

All I can tell you is I just bought my first widescreen. A 19". When it got here it was a tad smaller than what I expected. I guess because they measure from corner to oposite corners - Diagonal. I don't know if that's why, bit I feel it's a bit smaller than what I imagined.

19inch is PLENTY big enough I think. I went from a 15 inch standard and up to 19inch and I actually wished I would have waited and got something else instead.

Also you need a pretty powerful card if you are going to game at that resolution. I just dont think the extra 3 inches is worth the performance decrease.

I would love to be three inches longer.
In all reality, 19" is plenty. What kind of room do you have? a 22" will take up a lot of room on your desk. All I was saying is that my 19" widescren is big but for some reason it isn't as quite as big as I was expecting.

it actually depends on how much it cost to go from 19" to 22". if the 19" cost 250 and it takes 400 or more to upgrade to a 22", i rather get dual 19" monitors.

Sora is correct. If you don't have a powerful video card for the res, its pointless getting such a big monitor.

I just recently went from a 15" to a 20.1" LCD screen. All I can say is the size is NICE! If I could have afforded the extra 2" I would have done it.

If you can afford 22" then get it. Otherwise get the 20.1" that I got. Its the Sceptre one on newegg. The picture is excellent and the refresh rate is great for gaming. (My Xbox 360 looks SICK)

What about those 30" Dell Cinema Displays **Drools**

I got a 19" Widescreen and im happy, might get a 22" or 24" later down the track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom