Why Newegg? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: Why Newegg?

Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Why do so many people seem to think that Newegg is the best place for deals when it comes to computer parts?

I've done some price comparisons, and Newegg turns out to be far from the cheapest place for numerous hardware upgrade components and accessories.
But have you actually bought parts from those websites? Not all websites are as honest as you would assume. Some will pull a "bait and switch" tactic; offer a certain part for a great price, but after your card is charged call you and tell you it is sold out and try to sell you on some other junk they have stock loads full of. Or they might just simply have all around terrible customer support. When you're spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on computer parts you don't want to have to argue to a customer service rep about faulty or the wrong parts they sent you.

As far as the reviews, they aren't useless at all! The thousands of customer reviews is an incredibly important tool for people to be able to quickly and easily see what others are saying about specific products. Of course not all reviewers should be taken seriously, but that's why their reviews are so great....they have more reviews than any other computer parts website.

They are also superfast at shipping their parts out, at least to me they are. I've never had to wait more than 3 days, (unless I ordered before a weekend), to get anything from them. The other day I ordered a new PSU and got the thing the next day on their basic 3-day shipping. Who could complain about that?

And just so you know, I'm not just saying this because I'm blindly loyal to this company. I'd prefer to buy parts in person even if it costs a few bucks extra, but the economy has pretty much killed most brick and morter stores so this is really the only place I'll trust.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to Burn

Originally Posted by patonb View Post
Okay, their reviews are straight up dumb and useless. People review the item before they get it, or a day after...
While most of them are indeed pretty dumb, I just use them to get a general idea of if the product is good or not. That's the only reason I like the reviews.

But the reason I stick with Newegg is definitely the customer service. It's awesome.

EVGA E758 A1 | Core i7 920 @ 4ghz | 6GB DDR3 1600 OCZ Gold | XFX 6870 CF | Corsair TX850 | Cooler Master HAF 932 | Water Cooled
Old 04-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

While the reviews are somewhat bogus, Google is your second hand. Look up genuine reviews on the product.

I buy everything from Newegg. I only ever had to send back a HDD for replacement.

I buy from TigerDirect as well, but that is only if the two prices are the same. Or if I need something fast. I get next day service on a 3-5 day shipping cost. Their main warehouse is 40 miles from my house.
Neowin.net Steam Account
Old 04-30-2010, 09:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

My personal experience with Newegg has beat out any others I have bought from.

When I was a newbie (15 years old) I was upgrading the ram and graphics card on my desktop. Not knowing, I set the graphics card on the carpet-whoops (static). I sent the part back and they sent me a brand new one free of charge.

Btw...Newegg is unbeatable with their delivery time. Your looking at ordering the part and getting it in 2 days compared to ordering and getting it 1-2 weeks later.

Closed Thread