Why this G.skill memory stick expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsunt

In Runtime
I noticed that the model G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ is priced 139.00, way above comparable memory sticks. About a year ago it was highly recommended to me, and it was well priced compared to the others, so I bought it.

Now I am looking at buying memory, and that model is priced way above comparable sticks. Why is this?

At any rate I'm looking at getting a ddr2 1033 because the mobos I'm looking at are all rated for that memory.

The HZ's have a D9 Micron based RAM Chip that is great for overclocking (in fact a little over a year ago it used to be recommended like crazy... but it got over-recommended by us here and the price jumped)

so inflation is the answer to your question..

Yes, I thought so. It was such a good deal a year ago! Looks like all memory prices dropped except that one.

Guess I'll just get a good 1066

now that I have my asus board its time for some 1300mhz d9 overclocks on it. I know other people that have hit 1400 w/ these kits. I'm sure that is the limit for ddr2 though.

So thirdshift, have you tried softmodding that mother of a board into a Rampage Formula?

You'll love the BIOS' OC'ing features ;)

that is first on the "to do" list. I've done enough reading about all the bios features. So there is no confusion. But right now I'm trying to snipe a q6600 off ebay. Looking for some good batches though. I need a cheap card in the mean time to hold me down until I see how these new cards are and how cheap the latest ones fall. Had a guy flake on me from buying my case so I don't know if I'm keeping it or selling it for a Lian Li v1000

You should check out an HD 3870 on eBay :) I saw one going for around $120 before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom