Where To Get Vheap Gaming PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@iFargle: Yeah, I post a lot in these here parts. My average is 12 posts a day. And that's just an average. Mostly just in the hardware section alone.

It all depends on what you want to do with it. If you are an avid gamer or into video editing, you'd want a beefier card. If you are just surfing, watching youtube videos and movies, you won't need all that beef.

What would you guys suggest for a graphics card?
I'd probably go GTX 460 or something around that level for Black Ops at 60 FPS (I think it gets you a little over that on the settings around 1080p)

An ATi Radeon HD 5770 would also work.

I don't think that I would be able to make a comp.
So where should I look for a good gaming pc for like 800 bucks in Canada?

You can get your parts from Newegg.ca or ncix.com

You can easily build a system for $800. It just won't be the most recent or most powerful computer.

But if I built one with 800 hundred bucks would it be able to run Black Ops and Portal2 and Minecraft and stuff without lag?
And I hate to bother but could someone just post links to the stuff on a website so I know what I need to buy.
Because like I said earlier I kinda don't know what I need to build one so if someone posted links to all the individual parts for around 800 bucks that would be great.
(I realize that probably won't happen cus that's alot of work to pick out.)

But if I built one with 800 hundred bucks would it be able to run Black Ops and Portal2 and Minecraft and stuff without lag?
And I hate to bother but could someone just post links to the stuff on a website so I know what I need to buy.
Because like I said earlier I kinda don't know what I need to build one so if someone posted links to all the individual parts for around 800 bucks that would be great.
(I realize that probably won't happen cus that's alot of work to pick out.)
First, here's where you can learn how to put the parts together.

Second, I think you'd be able to build one that could run Crysis (second most resource hungry came, Metro 2033 is first, I think) without it lagging on you (unless you have a faulty internet connection).

Third, RAM (I think those would be good)
1TB HDD for $55 (shellshocker deal)
HAF 912 case $50 after mail-in rebate
PSU (I think this would be powerful enough)
5770, $98 after mail-in rebate and shipping during the Memorial Day sale
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE for $120
Motherboard
Windows 7 Home Premium for $100

EDIT: That would be about $634
Do you have any monitors, speakers, mouses, keyboards you can use for it?

EDIT 2: Oh, he's in Canada? Hrm... Might need to change those...

Sure. You can play those games.

Motherboard: Newegg.ca - GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU: Newegg.ca - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
RAM: Newegg.ca - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
Heatsik: Newegg.ca - XIGMATEK Gaia SD1283 120mm Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler bracket included I7 i5 775 1155 AMD and dual fan push pull compatible (I just love Xigmatek, this can change)
PSU: Newegg.ca - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
GFX: Newegg.ca - XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Case: Newegg.ca - COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (or Newegg.ca - COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case I have this model, but with a side window)
HDD: Newegg.ca - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Optical: If you need one, it'd be ~$20

This is slightly over $800. You can, of course, change a lot of things to juggle the price. I only took the 1155 model so you can easily upgrade later. But 1156 and AM3 are other alternatives. They are slightly lower in price.

Edit: Yerf, he said he was in Canada. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom