Where to get old pooters from

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza

In Runtime
hi guys. it seems in here that everyone has an endless supply of old pooter bits from cases to power switches. now i know most of you have probably just accumalated the parts over the years, but i am only 15 so i havent had the chanece like you prehistoric anchients(sp?? i know thats not right!)! lol but my question is, be it a silly one, where do you think i could accuire random pooter bits from? ive asked around and no one has any, will a pooter shop perhaps let me take old parts that they would throw away? do computer shops throw parts away?lol

now i know you're probably thinking, why on earth would he want old pooter bits they are useless? it's because i am getting into modding (its all your fault!) and i need bits to practice on! obviously being my age i dont have a steady income, so i cant afford to buy a new hdd when putting a window on it fails! (im not actually going to do that btw)

thanks harry

p.s. my posts always end up really long even when im just asking a simple question!

my school has a rummage sale once a year, usually theres some old computers and network equipment there. Can't wait for this next year, I think they're planning to dump a significant amount of PIII 800s with anywhere from 128 - 512 mb of ram.

ideas

yep same here....speaking of im using one from a school, but not from a rummage sale...most of my parts come from the trashcan at the local middleschool, aint the best but thats where my parts come from, seen a laptop once, but it was a apple, so i left it....thinkin of it now, it woulda been nice to have it. **** all the pc's here are from there(got 2 compaqs, an aopen, emachins, and a dell....p1 133, so its crap, not a good dell)
me, i ride my dirtbike alot, so when ever i ride it i look out for pc's on the side of the road. ive got like 15 pc's in my closet, all runnin 98 or me, in once case xp, but all have that crappy old ram. every now and then a church will have a rummage sale, yardsales, behind big business, once even out in the desert(guess somebody got mad, there were bullet holes in it) are a few places where i found em. just gotta go explore, and keep your eyes open, another easy way is to go make money at a pc shop and offer to take old unwanted parts off of their hands, plus u get the extra money(thats how i get my video cards and monitors) **** even if some of your relatives have an old pc laying around, ask them if they need em...beleive me, it works im 15 also

i know this is an unnecessary post but the other day i walked about 3km with a computer under my arm :amazed: i was going to one of my local pc shops to get another patch cable for my network and i found a celeron 700 on the side of the road. including a media keyboard, mouse and a 17" monitor :D works perfectly and i set it up for my mother to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom