Where To Buy From? NewEgg / TigerDirect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My expirience with Tigerdirect was horrible.

They said the credit card I used didnt have enough funds while it had enough. It took 3 calls to sort that out, by that time the Fx-53 is already a week later than schedule arrival.

After 2 weeks after ordering it came, no one was home, had to call UPS and arrange a pick-up.

you really cant say that the best deal for all varieties of computer parts will be from one shop. Your best bet is to shop around, mabye try and look for a service that compares prices from different online shops, like staticice.com.au for Australians.

Yes, avoid Fry's at all cost (Outpost).

One time I went there and bought some sound cards, I think it was 5 (for friends who wanted them as well), none of them worked. Brought em back and was about to get some more until I noticed they had a shrink wrap machine. What they actually do is shrink wrap things people return, good or bad, and put them back up on the shelves. Yes, sometimes the deals are so good you can't pass them up, but still try to avoid them.

RockyZ said:
My expirience with Tigerdirect was horrible.

I second that! I work 15 mins for Tigerdirect and have returned or replaced just about everything I've bought from there. Seems like it's all been used before or is broken. I've ordered all my new parts from Newegg.

newegg has prolly the lowest prices on the net w/ out rebates. their shipping is usually fast. about the warranty: newegg doesnt supply the warranty. the company/manufacturer has the warranty when you buy the product. if the product is OEM (not retail) then the warranty is usually very short from newegg.

overall newegg is up there in the good zone of buying. they have not let me down once.

But, isn't a pain in the butt if you order a piece of hardware and it's DOA to deal w/ the manufacturer? I'd think it would be easier to deal w/ the company b/c you'll get a replacement quicker

billru44 said:
But, isn't a pain in the butt if you order a piece of hardware and it's DOA to deal w/ the manufacturer? I'd think it would be easier to deal w/ the company b/c you'll get a replacement quicker

Newegg's Return/exchange/Refund policy allows you 30 days for almost all there products they sell.... I think the only ones they dont give you 30 days is (OEM CPUS - witch i think is 14days) and (Refurb items - witch i think is something like 7).

Besides those couple items though they give you 30 days to test the item and make shur it works properly and Exchange it if nesessary. How much more time do you need?

EDIT: unless i just realized, maybe you didnt know they allowed you a 30 day return/exchange RMA period for just about all there items?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom