Where to buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Of all the sites I know for pc hardware and parts, I am only aware of these three:

Newegg.com
NCIX.com
TigerDirect.ca

Here's the problem. Newegg doesn't ship to Canada. TigerDirect has terrible prices and shipping+taxes for a pc setup costs about as much as adding a second 7800GTX.

NCIX is the only one that I find decent but they almost never update prices and they're selection of things is poor.

Another thing, their US to Canada currency conversion is terrible, the American prices are soooo much better (I'm thinking they have the exchange rate stuck on 72 canadian cents to make 1 US dollar, although now it's 87 canadian cents to 1 US dollar).

Their shipping and tax application is fair (they only charge the 7% federal taxes, and not the provincial taxes (which is another 7% !!). So I can't really complain about that.

I've tried Google to find a new site, but can't find any, only the ones i've already listed.

So anyway, I'm hoping that somebody here knows of a site that sells pc hardware and parts that will ship to Canada and generally has good prices, updates frequently, has good selection and fair shipping costs. Anyone?

reggie_da_man said:
What province are you located in? [/B]

Quebec, Montreal (Kirkland, West Island)
I heard you say in one of your posts about shipping something to you in Montreal, so I'm gathering you're from there. Nice to have a fellow Montrealer here. Salut!

btw, thanks a lot guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom